Sunday, March 29, 2009

Blue Nails

When I was in Beijing I bought a really nice blue nail polish from the markets for only 8 or 10RMB. I tried it on for the first time last week and looooved the colour.

The only problem with the nail polish is that it's pretty shoddy quality so it started chipping a day or so after I put it on. After a week of it, I had enough and tried to take it all off last night.



And this is what I end up with. BLUE TINGED NAILS!!! Arghh! I wanted to scream! My nice nice nails (as seen in the side of the picture below) are now alien-looking!



I tried rubbing it off with nail polish 4 times, with soap 3 times and buffing it twice. They all helped but none of them completely got rid of the blue. So at the moment, I've painted over it with a dark reddish purple in hopes that when I take it off, the blue will also come off.

Morale of the story: Don't buy cheap nail polish from the Old Wudaokou Markets in Beijing.

2 comments:

Alfie ^^ said...

oh dear bonbon's a little smurf lolz

Phie said...

Try using a base coat, it'll stop the coloured nail polish from coming into contact with your actual nails. (I had the same problem with MECCA nail polish.)