Monday, November 17, 2008

I've Had Cosmetic Surgery

Okay, maybe not exactly 'surgery' but I've had work done to my face.

What 'work might you ask?

Well, last year in HK I had my moles removed! They were kinda lasered off with a device that looked like a pen. (When I told Ky about it later, she told me that they were essentially burnt off. Yikes!)

We didn't go in with the intention of having my moles removed but then Mum thought, 'Why not? We're already here!' My sister had a lot of her moles removed when she was younger and said it hurt like crazy and I believed her. Although now I wonder if it was just because she had so many or because the beauty parlour was dodgy.

I had 5 removed - 1 on my eyelid and 2 just below it and 2 on the other side of my face.

I can't exactly say that it didn't hurt but the pain was bearable. The one on my eyelid hurt quite a bit though!

Most people probably wouldn't have been able to tell but I thought I'd share something a little more interesting than my usual posts. (Though, I'm not sure what is considered a 'usual' post here.)



Above is a photo of Kat and me from a year ago when I posted about the last day of classes ever for the two of us. If you click on it, you'll get the enlargement of it.



The photo above was taken in Macau a day or two after I had the moles removed. There moles are slightly bigger and darker because of the scab. It took quite a while for the scabs to shrink and fall off and kinda made it annoying when I had to wash my face!





9 months on, this is what we look like. No scabs, only very small scars and happy smiles. The ladies who did the lasering told us it'd probably take about 6-9 months to completely heal. As far as I'm concerned, that $1000 HKD was pretty well spent.

I'm not self-conscious about the ugly black dots on my face anymore!

I wouldn't recommend any kind of cosmetic surgery but if it's non-intrusive such as what I had done, I think it's alright. I'm not about to go off and get a boob job or cheek implants nor do I advocate it. (My cheeks are big enough without implants anyway!)

2 comments:

Kylie said...

I think I've been mentally scarred for life from the experience *shivers*

Andy said...

lol i did not notice a thing till you pointed it out...and its a been a year too hahaha

but i don't see you that often. so its OKAY. i think it is

someone reassure me that it is okay.