Monday, June 25, 2007

Talk About An Anti-Climax!

Today we had a chemistry excursion to USYD for a workshop in their chemistry building. The 90 odd students doing chemistry were split into 2 groups; Session 1 & Session 2.

Session 1:
-Meet up at USYD at 10am.
-Finish and leave USYD at 12:30pm.
-Arrive back at school in time for period 6 at 1:20pm.

I chose to be in the first session because of 2 reasons. A) I got to sleep in until 8:30am. B) I got to miss out on double english in period 1 and 2. Not that I got much of a sleep-in anyway since I slept at 2am...

So the workshop came and went. It was so weird to walk in the halls and pretend I was a uni student.. in school uniform. Funnily enough I actually saw a few people who used to go to my school around USYD. Maybe that'll be me next year... or not. HA! I have no intention of going to USYD.

The real adventure happened after the workshop. Since it finished at 12:30pm and 6th period only started at 1:20pm, that left us with 50 mins to eat lunch and travel back to school. Sounds simple? Perhaps, but the problem was that none of us wanted to go to Japaneses or maths. I didn't have lunch so I was absolutely starving and needed to eat something desperately.

So clever me decided to get off the bus early and eat lunch with Mum (since she works in the city and it is her birthday today), but she was busy with work.. boohoo. Ended up eating lunch with Jen, Diana, Kat and Annie at Market City though so it was all good.

We took ages deciding what we were going to do; to go to 6th period or not? to completely skip Japanese or not? to even bother going back to school or not? This lasted the whole damn day. From 10am till we left the city at 2pm!

And since we were good girls who hardly ever jig and all, we came up with a billion and one excuses as to why we were late to Japanese. Out of Diana, Kat and I only Kat was really scared of our teacher... understandably so since our teacher almost permanently has a scowl on her face.

Some of our more amusing excuses:
1. Kat had the runs.
2. I was kidnapped and they had to save me.
3. We got lost.
4. We ate lunch at USYD and got lost coming back.
5. We ate lunch at USYD and we had to wait ages to get a bus back.
6. Err..... the truth?

Omg, almost all the excuses makes us look incompetent and that we have no sense of direction!

We were all set and ready to frantically start explaining why we were late and all as soon as we ran in huffing and puffing from running to class (well... from the nearby stairway). But, as luck would have it, she didn't care and didn't even look up at us as we ran into the room. There were even only 6 or 7 people in the class! Where did the rest of the damn class go?! They didn't do chem!

In addition, what was left of the class were playing Japanese celebrity heads! God... we did all that worrying for nothing. I can't believe it. Anti-climax of the century!!! Dang, freaking about jigging? We really are good girls!!


P.S. Get well soon Yi!! I'll miss you heaps at school. Take care and get lots of rest or else you'll stay as sick as a dog.

1 comment:

kkfc01 said...

i can't help but to noticed that there are NO mention of the actual excursion at all!!

so bonbon, would u care to tell all the curious minds out there, including me, what u did? or what u saw?? anything scary inside those old, dodgy, creepy lecture theatres?