On Wednesday the 16th of May a whole group of us met up to go to The Apprentice at Ultimo TAFE. It's the restaurant run by only TAFE hospitality students. The bakery students make the bread rolls, the flower students make the flower arrangements for each table and other hospitality students run the floor and the kitchen.

Tomato Bruchetta with Basil and Balsamic Vinegar

Rice Paper Roll with sweet chilli sauce
Entrees:


Brochette of Lamb with rice pilaf
and
Blanquette of Veal with jardiniere vegetables
(I can't remember which was which)

Orange Poppy Seed Cake

Fruit Tartlets
It was a fun night, not only were we celebrating Kat's birthday 4 days early but we all got to dress up for some fine dining. It was affordable ($35 per person pre-paid a week or so in advanced) for an appetiser, entree, main course and dessert + a complimentary drink.
We were given alternate dishes so we could share the food around and have a taste of everything. My pick for the best dish is the green pea soup. I didn't think a soup from just green peas could be delicious but I was proved wrong. Maybe one day I'll learn to make it too...
Credits to Kev and Chris for the photos


Brochette of Lamb with rice pilaf
and
Blanquette of Veal with jardiniere vegetables
(I can't remember which was which)
Dessert:

Orange Poppy Seed Cake

Fruit Tartlets
It was a fun night, not only were we celebrating Kat's birthday 4 days early but we all got to dress up for some fine dining. It was affordable ($35 per person pre-paid a week or so in advanced) for an appetiser, entree, main course and dessert + a complimentary drink.
We were given alternate dishes so we could share the food around and have a taste of everything. My pick for the best dish is the green pea soup. I didn't think a soup from just green peas could be delicious but I was proved wrong. Maybe one day I'll learn to make it too...
Credits to Kev and Chris for the photos





6 comments:
DELICIOUS
the entrees and the dessert were espeically good.
How good was the bruchetta! Nice post, I'll get around to doing mine too at uh....some point....soon....maybe...
Yat: haha yes they were, im getting hungry just thinking about them
Ky: LOL... you take about 10 000 years to write a post!!!
it might be easier to get ky to organize another gathering than to get her post =P
ボンちゃん!
HSCをしながら、楽しいこともあるの!??うらやましいよ!
さいきん、自分に「ボンちゃんも日本で一生、いいね」を考えた。本当に、楽しいと思うよ。可愛い物いっぱいあるよ!ボンちゃん、ぜったいに、にあう!
ボンちゃんさみしいよ!いつか、日本に来ない?
さて、毎日がんばらなきゃ。
後でね ;)
バイバイ!
二番より
OMG, that looks soooo nice! Making me hungry just looking at it =O~~~~
Post a Comment