Few nights ago I went over to a friend's place for dinner and we (meaning them with me fluttering about trying to help) made a deliciously satisfying meal!
Sydney's been settling into winter and I've definitely been feeling the cold. Since Americans seem to eat chilli/chilli con carne as comfort food, I've been itching to try it out!
Must be something about the meat making it hearty and the chilli warming you up from the inside out that makes it comfort food. What better on a freezing winters night?
It was sinfully good. So filling and so fresh - especially the guacamole.
And the thing I loved the most about the dinner: it's super easy to make and there are lots fresh veges!
Sydney's been settling into winter and I've definitely been feeling the cold. Since Americans seem to eat chilli/chilli con carne as comfort food, I've been itching to try it out!
Must be something about the meat making it hearty and the chilli warming you up from the inside out that makes it comfort food. What better on a freezing winters night?
What a feast.
And this is what we ended up with in the end - fresh guacamole, chilli con carne and homemade lemon lime & bitters. We had a choice of sour cream, lettuce, cheese, nachos, pita bread or bread to go with the chilli con carne.It was sinfully good. So filling and so fresh - especially the guacamole.
And the thing I loved the most about the dinner: it's super easy to make and there are lots fresh veges!

No comments:
Post a Comment