My mum has a strange affinity for nagging my sister and I to pack waaaaay before we actually go away on holidays. Especially if we're going for extended periods of time!
Prior to my 2 month Beijing & HK trip in December 2008, she nagged me for at least a whole month to start packing.
According to her, if you pack early there's a much smaller chance that you'll forget something.
I don't deny that fact but my logic is a little different to hers.
If I start packing early, I'll keep thinking about what I'm missing and throwing them in whenever I DO remember. And I'll simultaneously forget what I had already packed.
I figured that if I start packing a couple of days before I leave, it's just enough time so that I don't end up packing 40kgs of crap when I really only need 12kgs of all that.
That means more space for shopping!
The little suitcase I took to Bali last month with all my essentials!

No comments:
Post a Comment