Plus Kat's sister, Vanessa, is turning 13 on Wednesday so it gave him a bigger incentive to throw the party!
There was SO much seafood I was amazed. It kind of felt like being at a buffet! I was happy since I got to eat more oysters than I usually do. There was so much food so I didn't take photos of everything but I've posted most of the photos I managed to take.

Kat's dad bought 15 DOZENS of oysters. FIFTEEN!!

This was pretty late into the party and there were still so many! I think this styrofoam box was full of oysters to begin with....

There were mussels. Lathered in sauce.
(My best food photo of the night! Thanks Uncle Edward!)

There were prawns. Beautiful, fresh, succulent prawns.

There was sashimi. Thinly sliced but not too thin. Thick enough for one slice to fit into a mouthful.

Then came The Desserts.

Kat and Ness made THREE impressive pavlovas to be the 'cakes'. Kat said they used 40 egg whites, which also means they used... a LOT of sugar. (I'll let just how much remain a secret.)

Kylie's lime friands. Shaped into pretty hearts and stars.

My aunty's mini stick date puddings.
.jpg)
Crap photo because my camera ran out of battery, but it tasted sooo good with the sauce drizzled on top.

The birthday people. Kylie, Ness and Jonathan + a few other kiddies.

Yi came along too!! Thanks for all the gossip, girl!
Kat's dad bought 15 DOZENS of oysters. FIFTEEN!!
This was pretty late into the party and there were still so many! I think this styrofoam box was full of oysters to begin with....
There were mussels. Lathered in sauce.
(My best food photo of the night! Thanks Uncle Edward!)
There were prawns. Beautiful, fresh, succulent prawns.
There was sashimi. Thinly sliced but not too thin. Thick enough for one slice to fit into a mouthful.
Then came The Desserts.
In addition to the ones I could take photos of before my camera died, there was also chinese coconut pudding (see the white block in the photo above? it's the ones you get at yum cha) and lots and lots of fruit.
Kat and Ness made THREE impressive pavlovas to be the 'cakes'. Kat said they used 40 egg whites, which also means they used... a LOT of sugar. (I'll let just how much remain a secret.)
Kylie's lime friands. Shaped into pretty hearts and stars.
My aunty's mini stick date puddings.
.jpg)
Crap photo because my camera ran out of battery, but it tasted sooo good with the sauce drizzled on top.
The birthday people. Kylie, Ness and Jonathan + a few other kiddies.
Yi came along too!! Thanks for all the gossip, girl!
4 comments:
Awww, you missed the photo of J being kissed by Ness and me (he was the nearest boy after all and we both touched the bottom).
Btw, friands, not fritters.
seafood at a kid's bday party?????
i thought kids aren't suppose to eat oysters...can their stomach handle them???
and now i really want to eat oysters~~
will go to fish market next week...
omg that's y u were partying! now thats worth it ^^ gosh i dont even know what 15 times 12 is mmm... lobster and scallops
omg $1000 worth of seafood in one night?! can that even be possible!?!? =O
yummm its making me have 12am cravings ;_;
Post a Comment