Saturday, June 06, 2009

My Inablity To Multitask

I've heard that females are supposed to be the ones to be able to multitask. But for some reason, I can't seem to be able to multitask!

It gets on my nerves all the time because there's always so many things I have to do but I have to focus on one task at a time to get it done. Sometimes it makes me want to squeeze the life out of a stress ball.

It also makes me feel really guilty when I ignore people, whether it's online, on the phone or in person.

My sister often starts conversations when we're both sitting at our desks working on something or other but I usually only catch the end of whatever she just said.

For example, if I'm replying to someone's message on my laptop, I'll completely miss my sister telling me about a task she's going to set for her Year 8 class tomorrow. Well, not completely miss but I'll only pick up bits and pieces of what she said and then I'll have to ask her to repeat it again.

It just happened a few nights ago!

There are people who can listen to music and study perfectly. Unfortunately, there's no way I can concentrate like that. I always end up just listening to music and abandoning my books.

I suppose that's how you can tell if I'm trying hard to concentrate or not. Just look for the tell-tale white headphones and you'll find your answer!

*Sighsighsigh*

3 comments:

Andy said...

HAHA ME TOO. but I'm a boy. I have a good excuse. lol. I have the same problems too when people are speaking to me when I'm doing something else. Plus I've got some really weird problem with picking up diction so even when I'm concentrating on what people are saying, any excess noise tends to make some words sound like jibberish which is really weeeeird.

Unknown said...

I have intense trouble multitasking --> i just can'tcan't work with music --> i really admire ppl that can listen to hiphop music and control the urge not to dance around and study instead

xD

woohoo! stuvac begins and that means .. exams are just aroudn the corner ahhhhhhh!!!

Alfie said...

ahaha i phase out when im reading or typing at the computer but i can listen to music while studying if its not too loud its soooo boring studying in silence