Have you ever wondered how you can tell whether a pavlova has been well-made or not? It's all in the marshmellow-like filling!
If there's hardly any or no filling then it's a badly made pavlova.
If there's a lot of filling then it's a well made pavlova.
And if it's like the one below, it's a brilliantly made pavlova! (I didn't make the one in the photo - someone from my aunty's church made it).
My uncle taught me this when I made my first pavlova. I was also taught the secret ingredients and tips to help make sure that you get that beautiful white, fluffy filling every time!
In the past 1 or 2 years there's been a massive spike in the number of times a pavlova appears at our extended family parties.
My aunty started making pavlovas a good few years ago but none the older cousins were all that interested in trying to bake one because it looked too complicated for our inexperienced selves.
One or two of my younger cousins (in their early teens) started making them and then the craze kinda spread from there.
When I made my first one last year I realised that although it is a little tedious, it's not all that hard to make! But it probably isn't a good idea to have pavlovas often because they ARE quite unhealthy - the base is made from just sugar and egg whites!
One every now and then isn't too bad though!
If there's hardly any or no filling then it's a badly made pavlova.
If there's a lot of filling then it's a well made pavlova.
And if it's like the one below, it's a brilliantly made pavlova! (I didn't make the one in the photo - someone from my aunty's church made it).
My uncle taught me this when I made my first pavlova. I was also taught the secret ingredients and tips to help make sure that you get that beautiful white, fluffy filling every time!
In the past 1 or 2 years there's been a massive spike in the number of times a pavlova appears at our extended family parties.
My aunty started making pavlovas a good few years ago but none the older cousins were all that interested in trying to bake one because it looked too complicated for our inexperienced selves.
One or two of my younger cousins (in their early teens) started making them and then the craze kinda spread from there.
When I made my first one last year I realised that although it is a little tedious, it's not all that hard to make! But it probably isn't a good idea to have pavlovas often because they ARE quite unhealthy - the base is made from just sugar and egg whites!
One every now and then isn't too bad though!
2 comments:
ooo I don't think I've had pavlova before but sugar is yummy!
When do I get my sample?!
Post a Comment