I came back late tonight from uni only to find that we still had no electricity. Upon asking my sister she said that the blackout started about two hours beforehand.
'That's odd,' I thought. The blackouts we've had in the past usually don't last for so long. Plus, they usually occurred when a thunderstorm was raging or at least when it was heavily raining.
Looking up at the sky, I felt nothing but a slight breeze.

Turns out that a power line burnt out and power was cut to FOUR houses. We just happened to be one of the lucky four.
Perhaps I should have bought a lottery ticket today?
'That's odd,' I thought. The blackouts we've had in the past usually don't last for so long. Plus, they usually occurred when a thunderstorm was raging or at least when it was heavily raining.
Looking up at the sky, I felt nothing but a slight breeze.
As soon as I entered the house I quickly rummaged around the kitchen for the stash of candles we keep especially for blackouts. God bless all those poor souls who gave us candles because they had no idea what to give my mum, sister and I for birthdays and Christmases.
Turns out that a power line burnt out and power was cut to FOUR houses. We just happened to be one of the lucky four.
Perhaps I should have bought a lottery ticket today?
I love blackouts because they give me a reason to light candles and take pretty photos.
No comments:
Post a Comment