Sunday, February 01, 2009

Missing Home

I've got a few days left in Hong Kong and then I'll finally be flying back home. Back to good ol' Aussieland. To the land of 40+ degree summers, sunshine and lots of mosquitoes.

I really hate mosquito bites so I'm SOO happy I've been able to escape them for 2 months! ...not that I particularly like winter a whole lot. Although, I think that Sydney's winter won't feel as cold as it used to be. Not after spending 6 weeks in the middle of a Beijing winter!

I think that there's a point in every holiday where you feel as though it's time to go home. Enough with the unfamiliar bed, living out of a suitcase and inability to drive around in your own car. I think I'm just about at that point.

It really sucks to live out of a suitcase for 2 months.

I kinda wonder how it feels like on the other side. What are all you Aussies doing? How does it feel for someone you know to be gone for 2 months? Mum and Dad say that the house has been really quiet. I guess I'll know in a few months because my cousin is over in Manchester for a 6 month exchange!

Last day of shopping tomorrow! More shopss!! Hurrah! Clothes, necklaces, hats, bracelets! Gosh I'm such a girl.

2 comments:

Andy said...

Yep! All vacations always end with a yearning of being at home. Its a shame we can't teleport. the aeroplane industry would die though XD

we're experiencing many hours of indoors and AC powers, if not then outside swimming in lovely cool water. its so goooood!

Anonymous said...

harlo! welcome hooomee!!! =D
hope you had fun carrying luggage =P
gaahh me wants more net >.<
say hello to everyone for me

baibai~~