Saturday, January 03, 2009

How to Get the Most Out of Life

1) Be bold. Fears are there to be overcome. Even if you are not normally a bold person, pretend you are. You will experience things you wouldn’t otherwise have experienced, and you will not regret it. I have never regretted doing something outside the square, and the square is how big you make it.

2) Don’t wait for an opportunity to arise, create the opportunities yourself.

3) Surround yourself with positive thoughts. There is always something to be grateful about. Friends and family that care about you, the good conversation you just had with someone, the relaxing shower you just hopped out of (haha). Who is the happiest person you know? He/she also has negative thoughts, but probably learns to ignore them.

4) Believe in yourself. Never forget the good qualities you have. Are you generous, forgiving, beautiful, friendly? Remember these. Forget “I’m fat” or “I’m ugly”. Don’t even give them a second thought :P

5) Review your goals. Do you REALLY need that particular dress, or that particular car, to be happy?

6) Don’t compare yourself with others. We’re all unique. That is her, this is me. She might have beauty, but I have confidence.

7) JUST DO IT. Take a risk, but don’t be reckless.

8) Tell someone you love them and what a great person they are. Do something for someone, without seeking recognition. By making someone else happy, you’ll also remember how easy it is to be happy yourself.

9) Have a balanced lifestyle. Have friends, hobbies, goals, a career… not necessarily ALL of them, but at least more than one. So if one of them stuffs up you’ll still be able to stay afloat.

10) SMILE!!! It makes a difference to your mood and…you look beautiful when you smile.

-By Kylie (not my sister, a friend)

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

...does that mean I'm not your friend?!? *weeps theatrically*

Seriously though, I really liked reading that.

Kylie said...

ARGH! I was still signed in as you!