Monday, January 12, 2009

5 Weeks in Beijing

So I've been away for home for the past 5 weeks. Away from the sun, the beach, the summer heat, the friends and the family. I've never been away from home (Australia) for more than 3 weeks so this has been a pretty big deal to me. Plus, I'm not here with parents so all responsibilities fall on my sister and my shoulders.

It's been interesting living in the dormitories because we're always in and out of them. Going out for classes, lunch, dinner, grocery shopping, drinking, visiting tourist attractions (cuz we still ARE tourists!) etc. It's pretty hectic.


For the first week or two we were really homesick and were constantly sick because we weren't used to the weather, pollution or the food. Luckily we've made heaps of great friends. From all around the world.

From Germany, Australia, Indonesia, Thailand, Korea, Russia, Britain, Canada, Holland, Japan, America and more!


We fit 13 people into a 8 person van that was an illegal taxi...

Starting class and making lots of friends really helped with the homesickness. We all got so caught up with all the activities that we didn't realise how close to the end it is until just this week!


It was a tight fit.

We've got exams on Wednesday and Thursday, class and then a 'graduation celebration' afterwards on Friday. The weekend will probably be spent saying bye to friends, packing and on Monday we'll bid our precious dorm 4, room 621 adieu and make our way down to HK.

I already feel sad just typing it out.

Nevertheless, Ky and I shall be back! We're already planning on coming back at the end of the year to do the program again because it's so much fun. Anyone else want to come with?



P.S. Keep updated with our adventures in Beijing with our Youtube channel! It takes so much effort for me to write up a blog post that I'd rather just upload videos that we've filmed and direct everyone to it. Hahaha, sorry for being so lazy!

Click! >>> http://www.youtube.com/user/xxMangoAvocadoxx

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

broken badminton racquets?? :S instant everything! wow that's a lot of tablets don't OD on dose
hehe the heat packs looks like noodle packets

Geoff said...

haha aww bonbon i feel like i was right there =P keep those vids coming!! =]