I was obscenely fascinated with the Mini upon spotting this mini cooper dealership in Brisbane. They had minis in all different colours and styles parked in the front lot! Red, blue, silver, black, cream. Convertible, non-convertible (is that what they're called?), sport etc. I asked my uncle about the price range for them and he said they were a good few grand. So maybe that'll be my car in 10 years time, when I can actually afford one!
The Aquaduck. This boat/car thing was MASSIVE! Check out the size of the car next to it! The wheels were almost the height of the car!! I watched something about the Aquaduck a few years ago on the TV. It's a vehicle that can move from land to sea, picking up passengers on land and taking them on a short boat trip in the sea. I'm not sure what they'd be able to see out in the sea though. The beach? Fish? Dolphins? Who knows what weird and magical things they can see..
In one of the markets littering Brisbane's Chinatown (populated with Anglo-Saxon Australians) we came across many interesting trinkets. Ky found Sashimi's (her Siamese Fighting Fish) relative, Kat found some really cute, handmade and overpriced earrings but Ness failed to find a plushie she liked for her gym friends. We also came across a vendor selling some peeling thing and although he was a jolly chap, we were more interested in the figurine on his table. How cool is that face!
And then we made it to the Gold Coast, Surfers Paradise to be more exact. And what do we see? Condom Kingdom. Hahaha! Apparently Ky found these in Sydney too? Although I've never seen any of them around.
When we were dropped off for half an hour of wandering about Surfers, we walked past the Condom Kingdom and headed into Cotton On in search of a pair of sunnies for Ky. But in addition, Ky and I bought new thongs! They were originally $10 but $5 with any purchase so I thought it'd be $15 altogether but there must've been a glitch in the system and counted each as $5 so we only paid $10!
The Asian in me was rejoicing.
When we were dropped off for half an hour of wandering about Surfers, we walked past the Condom Kingdom and headed into Cotton On in search of a pair of sunnies for Ky. But in addition, Ky and I bought new thongs! They were originally $10 but $5 with any purchase so I thought it'd be $15 altogether but there must've been a glitch in the system and counted each as $5 so we only paid $10!
The Asian in me was rejoicing.
1 comment:
Go to sleep already Bon but good job on the post.
Uncle Edward was the one who said that he saw Condom Kingdom in Sydney. I was just talking about a similar trinkets shop in Japan that I came across whilst shopping in Kyoto.
Post a Comment