Sunday, September 21, 2008

Nicky's Athletics Carnival

A few weeks ago Ky and I woke up early on a Friday morning to get to Nicky's school athletics carnival. Not an easy feat when it's on a FRIDAY morning. The one weekday where we both don't have anything to get up early for.



They had all the kids participate in every activity there was. (Since the carnival was only for the infants, they could have the kids have a go at each sport) They had the sprints, high jump and long jump as far as I know. Although. Ky and I only got there in time for the last two, high and long jump.



The photo above is of Nicky's first attempt at the long jump. I love how it kinda captures the speed at which she was running. I caught her in mid air!! Hurrah for my little Canon IXUS 75!



Gu was on hand to give Nicky 'tattoos', drawn on with tattoo pens. They actually looked pretty cool and probably helped Nicky get into the spirit. Plus, Justin had a fun with the textas by drawing all over his hands!



After the carnival, Justin, Gu, Ky and I walked to a nearby cafe for some breakfast outdoors. It was nice to eat with the sun shining down on us wilst breathing in the fresh morning air. Not something I usually get a chance to do since I always wake up late. i took the photo above when we were walking back to the cars. Justin looks so cute when he's walking unsteadily wilst swining his arms around.

I'm getting pretty addicted to in-motion photos hey?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yeah the in-motion photos are pretty cool. technology has upgraded so they dont blur anymore. lol, justin looks like his about to fall down but he uses his head to swing the other way:P. maybe his a pendulum