I'd love to say that I quit uni and went to TAFE to learn how to bake bread but I think I'll save my parents the heart attacks. For the moment at least.
So what's the deal with TAFE then?
Since the beginning of this semester I've been going to TAFE on Saturday for 4.5 hours of Japanese class. I'm doing Japanese Certificate 3 which is pretty similar to the Year 11 and 12 course for Japanese Continuers.
So I'm pretty much being slack and bludging through all of the lessons, reating it as a class for interest.
I picked not to do Japanese at uni because a) I can't pick it with my measly commerce degree (it has to be Commerce/Arts or Commerce (Liberal) ) and b) I heard that learning Japanese at uni isn't that great learning-wise. Everything is learnt purely for the purpose of passing exams and nothing else. So in essence, you don't remember much of the material you're learning.
So yes, that's what made me decide to go to TAFE. I'm going out for dinner and K with my TAFE friends this Friday and I'm so excited! You meet such interesting people at TAFE...
Btw, did you know that TAFE has actually been renamed to the Sydney Institute of Technology?
5 comments:
Holy crap are you serious? Why am I paying ridiculous amounts of money doing Comm/Arts to learn Chinese when I can do it at TAFE then? D: (Apart from the degree of course)
Gimme the details on it Bon.
yeah i wanted to ask you about the details of choosing a language course for tafe also. cause i went to the tafe website, and theres all these different courses for chinese and i dont know how to choose or if theres requirements. i only want to learn to speak for now.
@Godders: LoL, yeah why not go to TAFE? They're so much more lenient! There's people who skip like... more than half the classes!!
My sis did the Chinese Certifica 1,2 and 3 (she did 3 twice cuz... she wanted to.. I suppose.. Haha) and said it was pretty good.
It's about $400ish for 2 terms (a semester). Not bad in my opinon. I paid $350 for my course. Pretty good pricing I think... not too expensive.
Usually they have classes for Chinese/Japanese on Tues & Thurs night 6-8 or Sat 10-2:30... I think.. Not sure about the Sat classes but I know the Tues/Thurs classes are on.
@Terry: You can't only learn to SPEAK. When you do the certificate you learn speaking, listening, reading & writing. There's no way you'll learn to speak it if you can't read it!! There's Certificate 1,2 & 3 that you can do at TAFE.
hehe yea I remember you told me you go to TAFE on the weekends
lolz at terry xP
wow shiet i didnt know you went to tafe...=O sorry i've been busy...havent had time to check any blogs ^^;;;
Post a Comment