I can't believe it!
After yonks of being lazy and unmotivated, I randomly decided that it was time I'd get healthier and start running again. I had a phase a while back when I used to run on the treadmill regularly... probably around the time that Mum bought it. I'm always fascinated with new things. Haha!
This time around I'm doing a program on the treadmill that starts at a brisk walking pace and then speeds up to a jogging pace. Then repeats. And repeats. Again. And again.
For 30 or 40 mins. 2 mins on each speed.
Apparently it's the fastest way to burn fat. Plus, I heard somewhere that it's better to exercise before eating because you don't eat as much. If so, then I'm glad I've been eating after I exercise!!
Usually I try to build it up so that I end up actually running (almost sprinting) at my fastest, about 3/4 of the way through the entire run. As in the interval between the two speeds may be 1.4 but I speed them up each time. So that I gradually end up running faster overall.
On Saturday, I ran for 40 minutes and according to my treadmill, I ran for 1.875 miles. Which is a bit more than 3km!!! And I ran 1.25 miles in 30 mins today. That's a bit over 2km!! Haha, this is even better than the cross country.
So that's my aim for this month. To run for 30 mins every night. Or at least 20 mins.
And I'm so looking forward to feeling better and better from exercising!
5 comments:
Running burns everything from everywhere. Your carbs (the most), then your fats (some amount), and your proteins (burning your muscles basically). And that's why short distance sprinters look so fit and tank (Because they burn stuff everywhere) and that's also why long distance runners look like they're starving (burn too much muscle and fat).
If you exercise before you eat, you're using your fat stores because you're low on carbs. But that also means ur burning more muscles for proteins.
The best way to stay fit is to eat before you exercise though, but not right before. Leave at least 1hr between the two. Exercise like running causes blood to rush to your peripheral system (i.e. muscles) to supply them with oxygen, while digestion also requires blood to take in the nutrients. So if you don't leave a lot of time between the two, that's BLUNDER!
=)
haha brushed the cobwebs off the abandoned treadmill ay? =D
doing sports is fun!! i dunno if i could keep up with the motivation for 20mins every day but remember golden rule from pdhpe: 20 min exercise 2-3 times a day is a healthy and achievable goal!!!!
i try to run in the mornings cos the air is most fresh then :)
@Cam: I'll keep in mind to run not long after eating. Although, I was always told that's how you get appendicitis. LoLs, maybe that's just an old wives' tale.
@Alfie: Hahaha, figuratively for me, yes. Literally, not really. Haha, Dad's always on the treadmill nowadays.
@Tina: I admire you SO much that you can get up early enough to go running before the rest of your day. I can hardly get up early enough to get to uni by 10am! But I do agree with you, early morning air IS the freshest.
And wow, 20 mins TWO-THREE TIMES a day?! I can hardly manage 30 mins once a day. Haha! Although I do think that it's achievable. I'm probably going to start swimming when it gets warmer! =)
omg i'm so sorry!! i meant 2-3 times a WEEK!!! LOL!!!! Def not a day!!!
What's your local pool?
P.S. get your tagboard back !!
Post a Comment