Sunday, September 14, 2008

101 Phrases to Encourage Kids

  1. Way-to-go!
  2. You're special.
  3. You're on your way.
  4. How smart!
  5. Good Job!
  6. Good for you!
  7. You're a winner.
  8. Terrific!
  9. Great discovery
  10. I trust you.
  11. You're exciting
  12. You're so sweet.
  13. You make my life complete.
  14. You're so heavenly.
  15. Bravo!
  16. Super!
  17. Outstanding!
  18. Great!
  19. Wow!
  20. That's amazing!
  21. How nice.
  22. That's incredible!
  23. You're adorable.
  24. Dynamite!
  25. Beautiful work.
  26. Remarkable job.
  27. Nothing can stop you now.
  28. You're beautiful.
  29. You're one-of-a-kind.
  30. You're so creative.
  31. Great work!
  32. Fantastic job!
  33. Phenomenal.
  34. You are so important.
  35. You figured it out.
  36. Hip! Hip! Hooray!
  37. You did that very well.
  38. Good learning!
  39. You're a good listener.
  40. You're so much fun.
  41. You're caring.
  42. You tried very hard.
  43. Wonderful sharing.
  44. You're a treasure
  45. Awesome!
  46. You're wonderful.
  47. You're A-OK!
  48. You made my day.
  49. THank you.
  50. You have a great sense of humor.
  51. Good!
  52. You make me happy.
  53. You're incredible.
  54. You're on target.
  55. Looking good.
  56. I knew you could do it.
  57. I'm proud of you.
  58. Well done!
  59. Marvelous!
  60. Exceptional performance.
  61. You're a real trooper.
  62. You are so responsible.
  63. What a great imagination.
  64. You belong.
  65. That's right.
  66. Now you've got it!
  67. You're catching on.
  68. You're on top of it.
  69. Nice work!
  70. Excellent!
  71. That's remarkable.
  72. Beautiful
  73. You're precious.
  74. Magnificent!
  75. Super work!
  76. You're a good friend.
  77. You mean a lot to me.
  78. THat's the best.
  79. Give them a big hug.
  80. You've discovered the secret.
  81. You're spectacular.
  82. You're a darling.
  83. I like you,
  84. You're fantastic.
  85. Neat!
  86. That's good manners.
  87. Bingo!
  88. You're growing up.
  89. You're getting better.
  90. You brighten my day.
  91. That's perfect.
  92. You're such a joy.
  93. You're so kissable.
  94. You have a wonderful smile.
  95. You make me feel good.
  96. You work hard.
  97. Good thinking!
  98. Good planning!
  99. You're a good helper.
  100. I like the way you did that.
  101. Say "I love you" often.
Mum found all these phrases in an article from a magazine a while ago. The article was titled '101 Ways to Encourage Kids' except... well, I'm not sure about others but I definitely wouldn't say some of those to any kid. Ever. Imagine saying "You're so kissable" to a little kid that still thinks that the opposite gender has cooties!!! I'd probably get thrown in jail for pedophilia before I can even contemplate how seedy that would sound.

Most of them are still pretty encouraging tho!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

good job bon! I like the way you did that =P I agree that these aren't really things you say to kids it more like what bfs/gfs say to each other lol
64,65 ---> :S

Anonymous said...

Way-to-go!

Yat

Anonymous said...

nah i beg to differ.
most of them are things you would say to your kid.
The ones i wouldn't say are 6, 13, 14, 36(lol), 38(strangely never heard of), 64(belong???), 76(how old is this kid suppose to be?), 83(why wouldn't you say love?, it'd be a smack in the face if ur parents didn't love you but like you lolz).
oooh i love 94 anything to make your kid smile more:)

Bonnie said...

@Alfie: Hahahah!!! Yeah, some of the stuff anyway. Anyways, most of the couples I know don't say things like that to each other. Although I wish that they did... then the world would have happy couples which produce happy kiddies! No more of this war stuff. =)

@Yat: THANK YOU! =)

@Terry: My parents never say any of these to me. Nor did they ever say it when I was young.

I THINK YOU HAVE A WONDERFUL SMILE TOOOOOOOOOOO. Mine's still better tho. =)