Last night was Kat's surprise 18th birthday party at Macchiato in the city. Many thanks to Yi and Ray for tirelessly organizing the whole thing as well as the presents.
It was great to see everybody again, especially the girls I never see around! We all gossiped over lemon lime 'n bitters, woodfired pizzas, pasta, lasagna and blueberry cheesecake. Although I somehow ended up between the end of the long line of couples (Milton on my right and Jess & David opposite) and all the bachelors on my left (with Ian, my food-sharing buddy on my left).
Yes, sometimes it really sucks to be the only single girl in the group. Haha! But that's coool, I'm having fun as a single girl. It's always more fun to check out guys if you don't have an overprotective buffoon breathing down you back about it. But then it sucks when you're always slapped with the label of 'pimpess'.
After dinner the girls and guys split up; girls ended up in World Square for a spot of tea while the boys went to... game. It was fun to catch up and gossip for a bit with no guys around. Something I miss quite a bit with the company I have at uni.
So even though I had work the next day and didn't get into bed until about 1:30 in the morning, it was a great night. Dinner was nice, everyone looked great and had fun so I deemed the night a great success!
No comments:
Post a Comment