It's early in the morning, by my standards anyway. I go through my usual morning routine. Come back out of bathroom and look at wardrobe.
Shit.
What to wear today?
The question hangs around until there's 10 mins left till the train comes. I still have to put on make-up and perfume, then go downstairs to pick shoes, fill up a bottle of water, grab bag, lock everything and bolt to the station. Then I go into freak-out mode. Put on the most comfortable articles of clothing I see, grab everything I need downstairs then sprint out the door.
See? I didn't use to have this problem in high school. It was always 'Blouse, skirt, jumper/jersey, socks, shoes and bag.' I didn't have a choice of what I wanted to wear. It was the same thing everyday.
If only we had that in uni, I wouldn't miss my train as often as I do.
*Sigh* It's true, you don't know how much you miss something until it's gone. And sad enough as it is, it's true. I do miss uniforms.
Not to say I don't like to dress up. Hey, I'm a girl. It's a given that I like to dress up and look pretty. But bloody hell, my mind doesn't start functioning properly until 4 or so hours after I've woken up.
I can't come up with a good looking but comfortable outfit when I'm still half-asleep!
So I'm sorry if I turn up to uni in jeans, a t-shirt, casual jacket and my converse. You might care that I look like a dag but hey, I probably don't cos I'm still half-asleep.
In saying that, guys really should appreciate it when girls dress up. A lot of work goes into any one outfit, aside from the jeans, t-shirt and jacket combo.
1 comment:
hahaha SO DAMN true. Takes me an hour to dress up. Guys SHOULD appreciate it when a girl dresses up.
Post a Comment