Thursday, March 27, 2008

The Joys of Baking



Today I baked another brownie for Richie's party. Not sure if it's a housewarming party or an End-of-Semester party or what but hey, a party's a party!

Hopefully nobody got sick, got food poisoning or died from eating my brownies. Don't blame me if I'm not the best baker in the world! I'm stil n00b!



On Sunday after my disastrous morning we picked Kat up and brought her back to our place to make scones! Her family left her for a camping trip in Tamworth so we felt it was our obligation to feed her at least something in the absence of her own family.


I lol'd at Ky's expression in this pic.

My sister wanted to make pumpkin scones but she must've put in too much pumpkin or something. Because when she wanted to cut the dough into circles to be put in the oven, she couldn't even hold onto the dough! It was gooey and sticky and waaaaay too wet. Perhaps it was just because it was pumpkins?


Anyways, the three of us were smart enough to come up with the idea that it was probably becuase we didn't have enough self-raising flour in it. But for some reason, regardless of how much self-raising flour we dumped in it, the dough didn't get any firmer!!



Then my sister came up with the ingenious idea that we should try to put normal flour in it and see if it works better. And what'dya know? It actually worked!



But we prophesised... we put so much self-raising flour that the scones were gonna blow up to the size of our oven. At least, I prophesised that.


Kat's a retard.


What the scones ended up looking.

They ACTUALLY tasted fine... despite the massive amounts of self-raising flour we dumped in the dough.

No comments: