Throughout the past 6 years I've got to say that I've experienced the whole spectrum that's high school. In my opinion anyway. I experienced extreme high and extreme lows.
Grew from short to ...er, short (or not as short?). Changed from being self-centered to self-hating to self-aware. Went from a potato sack to a normal looking school uniform to our kick-ass jerseys. And finally, transformed from an awkward pre-teen to a corrupted, slightly less awkward older teenager.
I learnt about boys, high school, groups, public transport, relationships, puberty, individualism, conformism, fashion etc (notice the complete lack of academic-related things). Basically, I learnt how to grow up.
Looking around me, I don't think I would've been able to do it without the huge support network I have. To those who have been with me through the good times, the bad times and the random times. Especially through the bad.
So here's to all of you out there, whether I've known you for 6 years, 6 months, 6 weeks or 6 days, thanks.
You know who you are and what you've done for me, actually the latter might not be true. But still, you all know who you are and though you may not know and might never know what you did for me, I'm grateful to you.
Don't ever underestimate the power of a simple gesture, phrase or word can do to another person. To you it might seem insignificant or a supposed 'obligation'; a shoulder to cry on or an ear to listen to someone else's worries/thought/feelings etc. but to someone else, it could be just what they needed.
They might just need to talk to someone to get their mind off something else. Or maybe they just wanted to have a laugh with someone after having a really shitty day. Or it could just be that they needed to feel your reassurance that you're there and that they're not alone.
I don't believe one word can sum up all that I feel and want to express but no matter how many words I use, this one seems to fit it best. So instead of writing out an essay thanking people, I'll just leave it at one word.
After all this I don't mean to say that I'm completely independent, can fend for myself and consider myself an all-knowing grown up. Hell no! (I doubt I'll ever be all-knowing anyway.) But this is just me, making my mark and saying that I'm closing one chapter of my life and opening another.
I hope to bring with me all who have support me so far because it's been a blast and frankly, I'd love to be able to say the same thing at the end of the next chapter with the same people around.
(I actually wrote this post when HSC started 2 weeks ago and reading back on it now makes me want to cry.)
2 comments:
aww its strange to comment now that ur on a plane. but that almost made me cry. almost!! *tears*
hope all is well.
awww i wish you cried yi!!
like i said, i did wanna cry when i re-read it when i posted it up XD hehehehe
Post a Comment