Sunday, October 14, 2007

I admire...

A few nights ago Yi asked me who I admire. Obviously my first thought was that I admire my parents, brother, sister, extended family, friends etc.

But here are a few who don't know that I admire them.
These people may not have met before or even heard of each other. Half of them don't even live in Sydney! But to me, they all have something in common. They've all found something they love and pursued it. They're living their lives to the fullest, taking the good and bad in stride. But most importantly, they're happy with their lives.

Not to say that I'm not happy with my life (or what little I have of one until 3 weeks time), but I'd like to be like them when I get a bit older. I want to find out who I am and be comfortable with who that is. This includes looks, personality, quirks, flaws - everything.

Yi asking me also reminded me of another occasion at school where I was asked "What do you want to be in the future?" To which I answered, "I want to be happy in the future. Regardless of what I choose to do with my life," which kind of stood out from everyone's answers of 'doctor, lawyer, journalist etc.'

So there you have it, my little soapbox about my desire to be happy in life.

1 comment:

Melanie and Amanda said...

Thank you for that. That was lovely =)

Good luck for the rest of your HSC. Make us ex SGHSer's proud lol

I can't believe you guys are still doing Coleridge XD