So I did my HSC Japanese continuers (2u) oral exam yesterday.
Picture this:
Big classroom. Lots of tables and chairs. Table in front of room. Tape recorder. HSC Examiner behind it. You in front of it.
Right, got that? Now picture yourself yapping away about anything ranging from your family, friends, school, interests, daily routines, dreams for the future etc. for TEN WHOLE MINUTES in Japanese. Fun? Not in the slightest.
I was *cough* lucky enough to get a nice lady who unfortunately was a mean HSC examiner (that or a really shit one). Somehow I mentioned that my Dad immigrated here from HK ages ago and from there on out for the next 10 or so questions, she asked me about freaking HK!
Don't get my wrong, I love HK and all but as if I'd know anything about the HK education system and how school life in HK is like. "What are the differences between HK schools and Australian schools?" Try answering THAT in Japanese!!
I was so nervous that I didn't realise that she thought I was from HK till she asked me "so how long have you been living here?" To which I replied "I was born here."
Gawd lady, aren't you supposed to be asking me about JAPAN?! I don't recall choosing Chinese as one of my subjects for the HSC... or did I just not get the memo?
*sigh* Oh well, there's nothing I can do. My fate rests in the ears of the HSC markers. Hopefully they will close their ears and pretend those damn hard 3u-ish questions were never asked... not to mention that one question where I had no idea what the key word was.
Can I boast about having started my HSC exams before everybody else now?
1 comment:
Oh.my.god. Bon. You should sue the lady for asking you that! That's so unfair! Like seriously. What a stupid stupid lady urgh!! ><
Post a Comment