Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Semi-Formal

So, it's been a week since the Semi-Formal and as promised.. I have photos!

It was one hell'va day with training it to Atarmon early in the morning for 4 hrs of maths tutoring, rushing back to the other side of Sydney to pick up the girls and then back home to get prettied up by 3 o'clock. Surprisingly enough, we were all basically ready within the 2 hrs we had, probably because only Amy tied her hair up (the rest of us still straightened our hair), had minimal make-up on and had no disasters with the dresses.

Foundation, concealer, eyeliner, eyeshadow, mascara, lip gloss and blush only. So glad that I didn't call upon my aunty to do my make-up this time as it would've been a huge bother to her (and she went a bit OTT last time). Many thanks to Phie and Yi who did most of our make-up! I guess the saying less is more
does apply since the least observant guy in our group, TK, commented on how we looked better this time round.



After getting dolled up, we took multiple group pics outside my house (above) and then it was off to the city for us. And what a sight we made, 5 dressed up girls with full make-up and all walking around the city at 4 o'clock in the afternoon. Dinner was at Mama's Kitchen at Town Hall and then we slowly made our way to the Opera House.



Magnitudes of pictures were taken outside the Opera House as we waited for our 'cruise' to show up while freezing our arses off. Other girls more than me since I had jeans on *grins*. In addition, some girls wore short skirts which flew up when there was a strong gust of wind. eg. Yi (who I laughed loudly at)



Shoutout to Carmen who I met on the night. Hehe, she's Geoff's prettyful girlfriend. We cheered for her when she mastered the figure 8 using 2 long and thin glowsticks (not to mention the mountains of guys who were watching her which I imagine would've made her nervous).



And of course, the night's not complete without some pimpin'. Something which was pretty damn prominent on the night ...starting with Yi and me!



Yi also got lucky and had a pic with
seven other guys. *is jealous* Anyone got a pic with a guy pimpin' with lots of girls? If so, please send this way!


[ edit ] there IS a guy pimpin' pic! thx to cam who notified me of it!

All in all, it was pretty fun... even if the music was really 'doof doof' with the DJ remixing everything to the same beat and we were stuck on a crappy boat for 4 hrs. (+ I made a few friends.. some of which were of the male kind!)

Unfortunately, we once again didn't have a whole group pic (girls + guys & an all-girls one!).. guess we'll just have to wait till next year... *sob* it'll be our last formal together! I've attached the next 2 pics just to show how bad we looked after.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

first to comment~
and you just told me to refresh the page >.<

dang, now I don't know what to say again....oh well, let's just leave it at everybody looks awesome!!