Thursday, October 12, 2006

Jazushi

Last Saturday night a few friends, Ky and I went out to dinner at the well known Japanese fusion restaurant, Jazushi, in Surry Hills.

'"Jazushi" a combination of fine food, Japanese and Eurasian fusion, coupled with a well sought after funky, groovy typical Jazz bar offering live acts and recorded well known Jazz musicians with a line up of events to come.' -Jazushi online

The food was quite nice, ambiance was pretty good and service was great. We had the $40 pp set menu which consisted of:

Nori Roll (assorted)
Camembert Tempura with teriyaki cr
ème sauce
Mixed Salad selection of leaves with a Japanese dressing
Teriyaki Chicken with a rosti and mango sauce
Tempura Prawn and seaweed chips
Teriyaki Salmon
House Dessert

We also got 2 plates of fresh oysters too... not too sure how we got them but we didn't have to pay extra and they were delicious! The camembert tempura was probably one of my most favourite dishes of the night (even though it was just cheese tempura) although they tasted a little weird after eating the oysters...

Also, I loved the dessert which was a chilled chocolate mousse with the top heated up with a blowtorch (is that what they're called? the little, culinary ones?). Maybe I've just had bad expeirences with chocolate mousses but I really liked the one at Jazushi.

Some pics from the night thanks to Ken and Puuwa.
-The Food
-The Music
-The People [1] [2]

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

O_O !!! I look...hagardly stoned - teehee
Food was fair ;) I was a little dissapointed (scuse the spelling) with the music : /
Glad you enjoyed it
Go you!