Monday, February 25, 2013

My First Mac

So the last laptop I bought was way back in Dec 2007 when I finished high school.

I was in Hong Kong with my cousin and parents with no intention of buying a laptop until I somehow conned my parents into letting me get one. Granted, it wasn't the fastest, lightest or most stylish but I used it for 5 whole years because hey, it's not as if I could turn in handwritten uni assignments.

My little white friend has served me well and although it still runs, it's a bit of a safety hazard with its massive overheating problem.

Therefore, it was time to get a new laptop.

I've actually agonised over getting a new laptop for so long because a) it can be pricey b) it's such a hassle to transfer everything from the old to the new laptop and c) I couldn't decide between a Macbook Pro or a windows laptop.

Getting a MBP has been on my mind for a few years now since it seems to be so easy to use and I like the design of the Mac interface. Some people might not but it's pretty aesthetically pleasing.

And I like things that are aesthetically pleasing!

I actually remember years ago that I said to myself, 'I'll buy myself a MBP once I get a full time job.'

So to stick to that, I ended up choosing the MBP.



A testament to my laziness, it took me about 2 weeks of being home from my 6 week trip to North America before even cracking open the lid. And it's been about another 2 weeks since I started using the MBP but it's still basically a shell - I only have one album (Zedd's) and one song on it (a Jay Sean song).

I only loaded all my Canada and US photos because then it's one step closer to getting the photos onto my Facebook. Hahaha!

The other reason why I haven't done much with this is because it's all still so new - I've grown up with Windows!

If anyone knows any good tricks or tips for Mac noobs, shoot em this way!

No comments: