Sunday, September 11, 2011

My 21st

I finally turned 21 in July! YAAAY!!!!!

It's been a long time coming and something that I've been looking forward to for many years.

Why is that? No, not so that I can get drunk off my face and party it up but because I've dreamed about having a big event where I get to share my birthday with my closest friends and family.



It all started with the first 21st I ever attended. It was my brother's 21st back in 2005 when I was only 15. It was a sit down dinner for friends and family in a function room with a catered buffet.

Come to think of it, part of the reason why I liked it so much was probably because I got to dress up and wear a pretty dress, heels and make-up! I felt oh-so-grown-up!



The party made such an impression on the young and naive me that I decided that I wanted the same sort of birthday party!

My sister also had a similar type of 21st in 2008 but it was only for friends and I knew that some family had been understanding but still slightly sad that they missed out so I was determined to put on a good party for both my friends and family at my 21st!

Biggest surprise of the night was a specially compiled video of them singing to Bruno Mars's 'Just The Way You Are'! Ky and two good friends of mine enlisted various family and friends from around the world (Perth, Hong Kong and LA!) to be part of the project.

I was definitely shocked and surprised, to the point that I even cried happy tears whilst it was playing!

Everyone looked great in their colours for the allocated Hogwarts houses, it was almost like being in the Great Hall of Hogwarts!

Massive props to everyone for putting in the effort to come in their colours and especially to Ky, Geoff and Ray for making the video and my night that much better!!


Slytherin: Green and Silver


Gryffindor: Red and Gold


Ravenclaw: Blue and Bronze