Not to mention that some of them have embarrassingly snooped into my past posts and mentioned them to me!
There's a big chunk of my past 5.5 years up on this blog. The good, the bad, the happy, the sad, the funny, the strange, the witty and the memorable.
And it's strange to see how my blogging style has changed since the beginning.
I used to post about my day/week/month and do massive recaps when I've had a long hiatus and look back on these posts makes me CRINGE!! SO. VERY. BADLY!!
I'm not sure how other people viewed it but they seem so boring and tedious to me. Although that might be because I had to live through my day whereas readers didn't.
Most of my friends who have just started blogging have also started along the same path that I walked.
Their posts usually consist of rants, what they ate in the day, what they did, funny things they saw and bits of gossip they found out about.
It's fun for me to read about it but when they ask me why I don't write about the same sorts of things here, I'm glad to tell them that it's not my blogging style anymore.
Thankfuly!
(I don't particularly think I can make it sound any more interesting now than I did in the past!)
1 comment:
Blogging is an expression of who you are. It's like what sort of music you like. You kinda can't compare with anyone else.
I also think that what makes a blog interesting to someone is also dependent on what the blogger means to you. If they are a close friend, or is someone who inspires you, then what they say may have a big impact on you. At the very least, you would be pretty keen to see what they think about certain subjects or issues.
I don't necessarily think it's all about the style or subject matter. It's all about what you can relate to, and like I said before, what the blogger means to you.
PS. I like the change in style =)
Post a Comment