Thursday, March 17, 2011

Parental Payments

Is it wrong to pay "rent" or just plainly give money to parents when you're old enough and relatively financially stable?

(And by 'relatively financially stable' I mean that you've got a part-time job where you work enough to be able to pay for your own expense i.e. food, transport, presents, personal purchases, fuel and so on.)

I know that some feel as though parents shouldn't put pressure on their children to help out with the family's finances, citing that it's part of a parent's job to provide for their children and all.

But I don't see it that way.

I see it as helping the family out financially because you have the means to. It eases the financial burden on the family and it also gives one a sense of responsibility.

Sure, sometimes it hurts a little when I help out by a couple of hundred and I haven't been working as much in that month but that's insignificant compared to how much it'll help the family.

Plus, it's a taste of what I'll have to face when I move out.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i just spoil them and buy them nice things they dont buy themelves :P