Monday, October 04, 2010

Perserverence Gets Me Through

As with all assignments which I stay up to do, there's always a certain point in the night where I think 'OMGGGG I'M SO TIRED. PLEASE LET THIS BE OVER WITH. NO MORE ESSAYING!!!' And this usually hits at about 3-4am.

The degree of desperation which I feel with the above thought varies on numerous factors; how many words/pages is required, the number of academic references, the subject, the difficulty, how much of the subject's theory I understand and remember etc.

There was one night where I felt sooooooo down about the assignment I was doing that I felt as if I couldn't be bothered staying up any longer to complete it. Actually, at that point in time I couldn't see any way that I'd be able to finish it in time!

Somehow I mustered up the strength to change my mindset and power on with the assignment.

But not before writing this post-it and sticking it on the magnetic board sitting on my desk. To remind me of similar incidences in the future.



(I'm glad to say that I've never handed in an assignment late. Because no matter how long it takes me to get the assignment done or how little sleep I get, why should I give away marks which I so desperately need and are within my grasp to begin with?

It's just not worth it.)

1 comment:

candice.cee said...

my friend used to always hand in late assignments but she always got at least a distinction for the assessment!

HAHA that's the thing about work subjects it's all essaying! I know how you feel cuz >:(

add oil Bon~!u can think abt your Hawaii trip now:D