Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Cynical or Rude?

A guy I didn't know recently came up to me at a party and told me that I'm pretty and my instant reply to him was "Are you drunk?"

In this situation was I being cynical or rude?

I suppose it could have been either of them depending on how sincere the guy was.

Sadly, I think that I've become a bit jaded and a bit cynical about guys because my automatic reaction to them was not to thank them!

Plus, for the rest of the night I wondered what another girl would have done in the same situation. And what would I do if I could turn back the clock and relive that moment.

Would I have thanked the guy and try to get to know him better? Or would I still be skeptical?

3 comments:

Yi said...

OOOooooOOOOooOOO

Phie said...

Say thanks. And then maybe ignore him, depending on how seedy he is :D

Geoff said...

you gotta believe that you've got the goods! =D