Tuesday, July 27, 2010

My First Diamond

Most girls get their first diamond at a significant event in their lives. Their 18th or 21st birthdays, their first love or perhaps for a significant anniversary.

Not me though, I bought myself my first diamond!

Sounds a little absurd doesn't it? Especially if it's a diamond RING!!

This is what I ended up choosing:


0.1 cts of diamonds with two round diamonds and a rectangular cut diamond in between.
And all of this set in a white gold band!

I hesitated for ages because I had to justify spending so much on ONE piece of jewellery that I could lose at any given moment.

There was a few weeks where I had a mountain of uni assignments due one after another and every day I wasn't at uni, I was at work, culminating in lots of late nights and all-nighters.

Nevertheless, I hadn't felt so happy with the marks I was achieving, the satisfaction from my job and with myself in a very long time. Maybe not even ever?

In the end I went for it because I thought to myself, 'this is the 21st century, why shouldn't I be able to go out and buy something special for myself as a reward?'

(Yes, I'm all for being an independent woman and all that jazz.)



It might have cost me a pretty penny but in my opinion, it's well worth it. And since I wear it close to everyday, its cost per wear is much lower than some of the other things I own!

3 comments:

Tina said...

Totally worth it girl!

candy.cee said...

I use the cost per wear ratio too !:D and loving the ring!nice and simple unlike the ones that 'shine' in your face!!lol

X

jess said...

Definitely a nice reward!