I'm a tad late in wishing everyone a very sweet and happy Valentines Day but I have an excuse! I was on the plane! For ALL of Valentines Day. Hopped on the plane at Narita Airport in Tokyo in the morning of the 14th and arrived back in Sydney early in the morning on the 15th.
Needless to say, it was a LONG flight. (With a stop-over in Singapore).
Aside from hoping that everyone with a significant other had a romantic day with their other half, I hope that those who didn't have one didn't get too down about it. Chalk it up to the cynic in me or the fact that I am Asian but I think that Valentines Day really is just a commercial holiday where florists get to charge five times the regular price for roses.
Why can't every other day be a day where you shower the ones you love with even more love?
Anyways, my confession about Valentines Day is that sadly I've never had a significant other to share the day with. Not to say that I haven't been in a relationship before, but I've never been in one when the day arrives.
I'm not sure if I should count myself lucky because that means that I've never had to come up with something to get a boyfriend for a day that doesn't really symbolise anything and still, everyone else in the world gives something to their significant other.
On the other hand, that means that I haven't been the recipient of a gift on Valentines Day either.
Bummer.. Oh wells, maybe next year?
Needless to say, it was a LONG flight. (With a stop-over in Singapore).
Aside from hoping that everyone with a significant other had a romantic day with their other half, I hope that those who didn't have one didn't get too down about it. Chalk it up to the cynic in me or the fact that I am Asian but I think that Valentines Day really is just a commercial holiday where florists get to charge five times the regular price for roses.
Why can't every other day be a day where you shower the ones you love with even more love?
Anyways, my confession about Valentines Day is that sadly I've never had a significant other to share the day with. Not to say that I haven't been in a relationship before, but I've never been in one when the day arrives.
I'm not sure if I should count myself lucky because that means that I've never had to come up with something to get a boyfriend for a day that doesn't really symbolise anything and still, everyone else in the world gives something to their significant other.
On the other hand, that means that I haven't been the recipient of a gift on Valentines Day either.
Bummer.. Oh wells, maybe next year?
See? I can show you love on a non-Valentines Day day!
3 comments:
hey bonz!
i've finally got a blog set up XD but it needs major renovations. you can find me on www.greenappleping.blogspot.com =P
OMO I TOTALLY AGREE WITH U BONNIE!! noone else understands me!!
awww poor bonbon!
Post a Comment