Saturday, September 05, 2009

I Heart Guys in Suits

Theres something about a guy in a suit that oozes confidence and in some cases, sexuality. The jacket, the collared shirt, the tie, the belt, the pants and the shoes. And perhaps even a pair of cufflinks.

It all combines for the look.

Words that come to mind when I think of guys in suits are cool, sleek and neat.


Like Steve here.

Usually with my guy friends they wear jeans and a t-shirt, sometimes even a collared shirt but I must say that it's a stark contrast when they 'suit up'. They have the whole more mature, older and professional image going on. Too bad they end up acting like kids as usual.


The guys for International Suit Up Day last month.

A friend actually told me that "putting on a suit makes a guy act and behave differently because a suit makes a guy feel like he has to be more serious but stay cool and affable, more confident but not arrogant."

Must be like when I get dressed up with heels, make-up and all. Usually it's only then that I feel more my age and less like an awkward, young teen.



So what do you think ladies? Do guys look better in suits?


(Btw, I had so much trouble looking for a photo of guy friends in suits! Nobody looks serious enough and you can't see enough of the suit in most of them so I vote that more events with a dressed up dress code is needed!

I thought that it'd be a better representation of what I was trying to say if I used photos of friends rather than stick a photo of an Armani model here.)


[ Edit: Photo with Geoff in a suit. Love the suit (and the guy) but a new background needs to be photoshopped in! ]

6 comments:

Kylie said...

*agrees* Guys in suits are sexy.

There's just no denying the effect that a well-tailored suit, shirt and tie has on a guy's overall appearance. Mmmm.... :D

jcbng said...

i think if steve saw this old picture of him, his reaction would be funny =D

oh how different he looks now haha

Yi said...

*drools* always loved guys in suits!

hey armani model's hot! stick it up in ur post!

Alfie said...

"captain I think our secret weapon is working on the female individuals!"
"as expected, well done boys keep it up"

anyways =P wow they actually did suit up day!, ours is so fail in comparison =[

Geoff said...

i demand you update this post with the photo of me in a suit on fb xD

Bonnie said...

DONE!!! =D