Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Regret

Which is worse and why?

Regretting something that you said or regretting not saying something?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

regretting not saying something is infinitely worse than regretting saying something.

The only difference between the two is the question you ask yourself.
"What if I said that then!?" - not saying
"Why did I say that then!?" - said

There are only so many answers for the why but an infinite amount of answers for the what.

And that is why it is always worse to regret something not said than to regret something being said.

2nd reason: You can learn from the 'why', but you can't learn from the 'what'

Phie said...

The latter.

Ninja Dan said...

I think they should theoretically be equal, but for me, I would rather regret not saying something than regret something I said.

"We are masters of the unsaid words, but slaves of the ones we let slip out." Winston Churchill.

Tez said...

At first i was going to say regretting not saying something cause ya know live a life without regrets. BUT after thinking about it regretting something that you said is worse. If you dont say something, life goes on, theres no negative or positive impacts on your life.
If you say something(bad), there are consequences which might lead to hate or social separation.
or did i take this question in the wrong context... and ur actually talking about relationships.

Tez said...

At first i was going to say regretting not saying something cause ya know live a life without regrets. BUT after thinking about it regretting something that you said is worse. If you dont say something, life goes on, theres no negative or positive impacts on your life.
If you say something(bad), there are consequences which might lead to hate or social separation.

Bonnie said...

not everything i post about is related to relationships terry!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yi said...

i actually think regretting something you said is worse.

they say that if you say something, at least it's out there and you'll feel better and if its not said, u'd always be wondering what it would be like if you said it right?

but what if they didn't want to hear it?

dont say it.

oh yi that was so out of character. depends on the situation bon. so i guess the question is, does this apply to a relationship?

Bonnie said...

I think that sometimes things have to be said that the other person doesn't want to hear. Not everyone's gonna agree with what you say.

Haha and no, this doesn't apply to a relationship. Not specifically anyway. I was actually asking in a more general sense...

(Seriously, not everything I write about is directly or indirectly related to relationships!! XD)