Sunday, May 10, 2009

Many Thanks Facebook

Have you ever been excluded from an event that all your surrounding friends were invited to? That happened to me in high school. And since I'm the stubborn, grudge-holding person I am, I still dislike the girl to this day.

Back then, I'm sure they could have taken further precautions so that I wouldn't find out but my ego is not so big that I'd expect them to go to so much trouble for me. They probably didn't care about how I felt anyway.

Nowadays, it's possible to find out about practically any event if the organisers aren't careful enough. Thanks to social networking pages like Twitter and Facebook.

I thought that I was over the age where I'd be left out of things with friends. I thought that I found a bunch of friends who I was going to be friends with for the next few uni years at least. People I really clicked with and appreciated me. That's what I thought anyway.

Maybe it's just because I'm being distant. Or they want to be distant. Either way something changed without me knowing or preparing for it.

I guess it'll always hurt when you're left out of things, regardless of whether it was intentional or unintentional. Now the only thing I can do is smile and say 'I hope you had fun'.

3 comments:

Alfie said...

o yea happened before =\ most FB events are made secret so you can't see dem
there there I'm pretty sure they didn't do it deliberately =[

Yat said...

As Blair Waldorf saids:

"Don't get mad, get in"

: )

Anonymous said...

Hi bonnie,

ITS ME! Kick them in the face :)

Or throw our own party and don't invite them!