Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas 2008

This is the time of the year where you should be surrounded by family, eating lots of good food, drinking a lot whilst opening a heap of presents. That's usually how I celebrate Christmas with my family back at home in Sydney. Where we'd all crash one family's house, bring food, turn on the air-conditioning and just eateateat.

I absolutely LOVE our family parties.

Just not when I'm on the other side of the hemisphere!

And I hate that China makes Christmas so damn commercial. They don't even make it a public holiday yet they have Christmas decorations all over the place and massive Christmas trees outside every shopping centre.

At least this Christmas I didn't have to host any parties! Well, unless you count 5 other friends in my dorm room eating take out (which we had a hella hard time getting delivered) and instant noodles whilst watching movies.

Since we went out for drinks last night we spent more than half of today sleeping and recuperating. I was pretty happy to just stay in my pj's and within the comfort and warmth of the dorm building.



So I did have a quiet Christmas and wasn't surrounded by my regular, loud family, but I still had a good night with banana pizza and my new family.


-Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas!

4 comments:

x.bijou said...

merry xmas girly!!

missed u at the party!!

come back soon!!

Anonymous said...

merry christmas and boxing day =D

Anonymous said...

a belated merry christmas!

xmas boxing sales were scary...you'd think there was no recession whatsoever...

missing you heaps!

Anonymous said...

see you soon! i'll be in beijing 2moro night but will be leaving v. soon. I'm going back to beijing on the 28th january for a few days so hope to catch you then!!!!

- tina