Thursday, November 13, 2008
Getting Fit
Yi and I are planning on joining Fernwood Women's Health Club at Bevo Hills next Monday. They have an offer for 21 days for only $21!
What a bargain!
And it's perfect because I only have 27 days left till I fly overseas!
I found out about the offer whilst Yi and I were talking about body image and being unfit. I'm not sure what others think of me but even though I always go on about how I'm tubby and everything, I know I'm not obese (unlike the people on The Biggest Loser).
My BMI is in the 'normal weight' category according to the National Heart Lung & Blood Institute's standards. Thankfully not in 'overweight' or 'obese'!
Even though my BMI is in the healthy range, I'm still concerned about my weight and my fitness. I've put on quite a bit of weight in the past year and I didn't realise how much until I stepped on the scales a few weeks ago!
It's a bit of a shock because I didn't gain much weight from year to year in primary or high school. I think that the weight gain must be from the big change of lifestyle. Always moving about and on the run -> being lazy, sleeping a lot and at bad hours, not moving about much or going out.
So even though I tried to swim and run earlier, I'm going to give the gym a try. It's worth it to try and tone up so I can feel healthy and have more energy again. The possible weight loss would just be a bonus.
One that I'd really like!
In the meantime, I'm going to try and sleep proper hours. Sleeping in the wee hours of the morning and getting up late is another contributing factor to weight gain.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
You know, you really failed last night at sleeping proper hours...
hehe how are you tubby?!
*poke*poke*
@Ky: Yeah I know I failed at it. You don't wanna know what time I slept.. XD
@Alfie: I AM!
As your blogging health expert, I should also tell you that the BMI index range indicators are actually very inaccurate for asians.
The normal BMI range for asian girls is actually 2 points lower than it is for caucasians (the population which these BMI graphgs are built for). So sadly, a normal BMI range for girls your age (18-21) age group is actually between 16-20. (I know its sad! For you girls, that is. That range benchmark is actually in the underweight category for other people! =O)
So Good luck with your regime! =)
Post a Comment