Many years ago, Kat concluded that I like to watch dumb movies and dumb TV shows. What she really means is that I like trashy dramas. Which means chick flicks and dance movies as well as trashy tv shows - like Girls of the Playboy Mansion and The Bold & the Beautiful.
Just like how other people like to watch Gossip Girl, 90210, Heroes, Grey's Anatomy, House etc. I like to watch trashy TV. And goddamn, I'm not ashamed to admit it!
Last week I swapped my 'dumb TV' for some educational, satirical TV and sat through my first episode of Good News Week. Hosted by the hilarious Paul McDermott. The main reason why I watched it was because Julia Zemiro was one of the guests for the episode.
Julia Zemiro was my year's celebrity mentor for the mentoring program last year. She came in every 3 months during our HSC year to talk to us and motivate us. I'm glad that she was our mentor because she didn't make us feel dumb for being at the bottom of the grade.
I remember one of the activities was going around in the circle and saying what we want to be in the future. That's where I understood what I wanted to be in the future.
I want to be happy! That's it. Nice and simple. In whatever I end up doing or being, I want to be happy. =)
Anyways with the episode of GNW, Ky and I laughed through the whole episode. It was absolutely hilarious. And guess what else? I actually understood the jokes! I wasn't just laughing cos the studio audiene was laughing. (That makes me sound really ditzy...)
I guess the pain I went through to understand satire in year 10 was well worth it. Koodos to Ms. Mckay for teaching me about it!
(Btw, check out the quality of our LCD TV!! The photos weren't taken off the net - I took them! Watching shows on HD really does make a difference.)

6 comments:
Julia Zemiro...so THAT'S how you spell her name!
Yeh, it was a funny episode, eh?
Too bad I can't say the same for this week's one. Ugh, Julie Bishop should just stick to politics....she was painful to watch as a guest on that show.
omgosh i've become addicted to Girls of the Playboy Mansion as well! even though it's somewhat disturbing in some episodes...but their trashyness is so funny
@Ky:LoL yeah, Julie Bishop was SO not funny. She really should just stick to boring old politics.
@Jess: ZOMG! SO I'm not the only one who thinks so too!!!! HAHAHA!! Who's your favourite girl? Holly, Bridget or Kendra?
aww I want a new TV
good news week is GOOD!
ooo girls of the playboy mansion on projector? i like your way of thinking =D
LoL, it wasn't on projector. THat pic of the Playboy Girls was from the net.
umm i can't decide who i like actually. but bridget is pretty sweet even though she's the fattest. she gets so excited about the most random things!
Post a Comment