Friday, November 14, 2008

Dads Are Nuts

Ever since Dad returned from overseas last Friday, he's been on a quest to learn all he can about the extra features mobiles have these days. Bluetooth, 3G, sending songs and images, global roaming etc.

Mum doesn't understand any of them, Chris can't be bothered to explain it and Ky doesn't really know how to explain it so I was left with the job to teach him what bluetooth was.

(It was the biggest feature Dad wanted to know about since it involved sending and receiving photos, videos and songs, i.e. Stuff he wants on his current phone that has no bluetooth)

It took up a good few hours where I was supposed to be sleeping but I finally helped Dad understand what it was. Then he goes off to Ky's room to boast about knowing all about it!

While my sis was trying to fall asleep too... Poor girl! Althought it WAS kinda cute how excited Dad was when he understood what bluetooth was.

So for the past few days, Dad has been researching about new plans and phones in preparation for the end of his contract in Jan. He wants to be hip like the rest of his soccer pals so he wants the newest, coolest, most up-to-date phone with the most functions. Even insisting on 3G.

Hence why he was set on getting an iPhone earlier tonight.



It's all a bit of a waste in my opinion because he only knows how to SMS, call, receive calls and take photos. Haha, maybe if I'm good he'll swap his new phone with my red Nokia E65 so then I'll get the new phone!

Either way, I sure hope I'm not the one to teach him how to use his new phone!

4 comments:

Andy said...

you should check out how awesome my phone looks now. the screen is super cool. Its like a pirate.

comes with all those magical goods too.

Geoff said...

lolz iphone is overkill for your dad =P you should sway him to get the phone that you want bon!!

Bonnie said...

@Andy: show it to me next time we have a meetup!

@Geoff: Lawls, I SHOULD AYE? ^^

Kylie said...

*sobs* It was horrible!

I swear he's been reading up about sleep-deprivation torture the Chinese Communist Party used to inflict on people!

He just wouldn't let me sleep!