In exactly a month and a day I'll be flying overseas for two months. I'm soooo excited! It's going to be the first time I'll be overseas without parents. Kind of daunting but still very exciting. It's just going to be Leana (Ky's friend), Ky, Candice (our cousin) and me.
We'll be doing a 5 week course at the Beijing Language and Culture University whilst staying on campus. Then we'll be flying down to Shenzhen in Guangdong, then travelling into Hong Kong via car! So I'll be doing lots and lots of travelling in my 2 months away!
This has been cooking in the oven for months and months. Probably ever since April or May. After many many calls and favors from friends and family, we've got most of our trip planned out.
Luckily, I wasn't the one who did most of the planning. Mum and Leana's Mum who called and co-ordinated the whole mission. Visas, applications, plane tickets, chaperones, deposits, phone cards, MONEY.
Gosh, the cash. We were so excited when the exchange rate was as high as 7.4 but now it's only down to 5.3! With the low exchange rate, we've all been desperately saving up for the trip since it's going to cost us so much more. Skimping here and there. Basically, wherever we can!
So if I've been a tightass in the past few months, that's why!
We'll be away for Christmas, New Year and Chinese New Year (which is on Australia Day) so it's going to really suck being away for the holidays. The Ha family bashes are always a blast on these holidays!
Hopefully we'll still get our Christmas presents when we get back!

3 comments:
Counting down now! I'm simultaneously nervous, scared and excited. You?
wohoo see you there if the timing's right! =D
omggg WHERE ARE WE GONNA HAVE OUR TRADITIONAL NEW YEARS HA'RTY?? nyuuuu why leave us for bon =P
Post a Comment