Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Posting About Boys

Before I start this post, I have to say that I absolutely love having my own blog.

Even after it's been hacked into by assholes who love to look at porn.
Even after almost 2.5 years of blogging.
Even after getting told off for posting things that other people shouldn't know.

Yeps, even after all that, I still love blogging.

But with everything in life, there's always a downside of it. Aside from the whole privacy matter (as it is with anything associated with the internet), there's just something about posting on my opinions on guys that doesn't sit right with me.

I'd love to write about what makes me like a guy, what makes me dislike a guy etc. There's a billion and one of those things. But, it seems a bit unfair that, should they come here and read my blog, they'd know every single thing about me before I even get a chance to know them.

It'd take the fun out of dating, for one!

Perhaps I'm getting all picky about this because it's such a personal thing to blog about. Because who knows, maybe the next guy I go out with will end up as my husband?

But I suppose, what I can blog about is that I'm a lot like other girls. I want a guy who'll make me laugh, who will respect me, encourage me, be my friend and like me for ME amongst other things.

Hypothetically speaking (and hypothetically only!) IF a guy liked me but read on my blog that I didn't like guys who used backpacks instead of shoulder bags (which isn't true because I actually just don't care), then they might change to shoulder bags because of it. This is a pretty crappy example but I'm hoping that it gets part of my point across.

Also, I kinda feel that blogging about guys here is a bit disrespectful to guys who I've had histories with. Regardless of whether or not we officially 'dated' or not. If you're reading this and I've had some kind of romantic history with you, to my knowledge or not, I hope you don't take any offence from what I blog about with regards to guys. If I do end up changing my mind about it...

So yes, instead of blogging ABOUT guys, I'm blogging about blogging about guys. Gosh, I'm SUCH an oddball.

(If none of this blog made sense, it's probably a good indication as to how confused I am about this whole issue. If anyone's got any opinions on whether or not blogging about guys would be a bad idea, please tell meeee! Pretty please? With a nice, big, fat Lindt ball on top?)

And yes, if you want to call me a sad, single girl then go ahead. I laugh about it everyday =)

6 comments:

kkfc01 said...

oh i get it~~

so it's not what type of bags we use...but how we carry it~~

mmm...
-_-!

Anonymous said...

say wat!?

gawd dammit i just bought a back pack!

hahaha...

yat

Bonnie said...

@Kev: No, it IS in reference to what TYPE of bag you use. NOT, how you carry it.

Not that I actually care about whether backpacks are better than shoulder bags.

@Yat: Hahahahha, I'm sure I'll like you regardless of what bag you use! =P

Andy said...

totally, bon and i go back like forever!

bonnie. it is good that you are picky. Picky is GOOD. just don't be so picky that you're single for the rest of your life. Unless, of course that is the type of life style you wish to live.

Anyway I disagree with dating...

I say you blindly marry someone. FOR SHUUUURE!!! I'M IN FOR ARRANGED INTERNET MARRIAGES!!!

import russian wife here i come!

Geoff said...

lolz keep em guessing bon =P

Bonnie said...

@Andy: Hahaha, I promise not to get too picky. I'm not even picky to begin with!!! XD

Yes, I agree. Import wives all the way!

@Geoff: Awww thanks daddy =D!