Last week my aunty took a bunch of my cousins, Ky and I out to Circular Quay for a 'picnic'. Really, it was just a day out for the kids. Which lasted for about 3 and a bit hours. Not bad, considering how young some of the kids were.
These girls, Cynthia and Vanessa, are like a younger version of Kat and me. Born in the same year. Cousins. Friends. Although Kat told me that they seem to be going through a she's-not-my-friend-she's-my-cousin phase. Kat and I went through that too!
Vanessa was unluckily to be standing where a seagull's dropping landed! Hahaha, we all couldn't stop laughing at her. Poor Ness, she seemed pretty shocked but was a good sport about it all. Lucky it was a sunny day so she wouldn't be cold without the extra jacket.
Throughout the morning we were throwing tourist jokes back and forth. Laughing at what we could get away with by pretending we were tourists!
I think it was the photo-taking that gave off the wrong image. Then again, it made us blend in with all the pilgrims who were sightseeing.


So then we set up camp. Taking out milo cups. Fairy bread. Ham sandwiches. PB&J sandwiches. Lollies. Chips. It really was a picnic!
Then came the games after eating. I was taken back to primary where we used to play with those massively long elastics. Chanting, "England, Ireland, Scotland, Wales. Inside, Outside, Inside, ON!!" I think all the tourist think the locals act like this now. We did get quite a few speculative glances!
Then came the best part of the day. Ice-cream!! 1.5L of it!! Ky and I were going to start our sugar ban on that day but pushed it back another day so we wouldn't miss out on all the ice-cream. Plus, the younger kids would probably get sick from that much ice-cream.
All in all, a fantastic day. Beautiful weather. The joys of being around the litle ones. But gosh we were so tired when we got home!
Then came the best part of the day. Ice-cream!! 1.5L of it!! Ky and I were going to start our sugar ban on that day but pushed it back another day so we wouldn't miss out on all the ice-cream. Plus, the younger kids would probably get sick from that much ice-cream.
All in all, a fantastic day. Beautiful weather. The joys of being around the litle ones. But gosh we were so tired when we got home!
No comments:
Post a Comment