Friday, March 21, 2008

Brownies

Happy Easter Everyone!!!!




I got a bit ambitious today and decided that I was going to try to bake brownies. After many tears and shouts, I finished the preparation and shoved the baking pan into the oven. My sister had been getting into baking lately and I was inspired to make something from scratch as well.




As I took out the brownie to put on the cooling tray, I could understand why Gu, Vanessa, Ky and all the other Martha Stewart wannabes actually bother to cook and bake things from scratch. I looked on in pride as I thought, 'I made it by myself. From nothing to yummie brownies!!'

Chocolate Walnut Brownies Recipe:
200g dark cooking chocolate
125g butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
3 eggs, lightly beaten
3/4 cup self-raising flour
1/3 cup milk
3/4 cup chopped walnuts

Preheat oven to 180C. Chop the chocolate into pieces of about 2-3cm. Chop the butter and add it to the chocolate.
On low heat on the stove, melt the mixture without it bubbling. Remove the mixture from the heat and carefully fold in the brown sugar. Add eggs, stirring carefully. Slowly sift in the flour and fold it into the mixture. Add milk, mixing it in completely. Add chopped walnuts.
Pour the mixture into a greased medium-sized baking tray lined with baking paper.Bake in the oven for about 25 mins.
Remove from the oven and cool in the tin for five minutes, then turn onto a wire rack until cool and slice into squares. Dust with icing sugar.

*Make sure to take the brownie out of the tin after five minutes because the brownie needs to be aerated. If not, the insides will be all mushy and gooeyish.

No comments: