Saturday, February 23, 2008

Some people must live to give me the shits.

I swear to whoever's up there, some people on earth are just plain idiotic and annoying.

Today at work I had two really crappy customers, actually.. one was crappy and the other wasn't TOO bad.

So the first crappy customer bought a ring from us about 4 weeks ago and brought it back a week ago to get it fixed because one of the screws came off. Now, since it was just a simple piece of jewellery and not a specific other type of jewellery we sell, there was no warranty on it. When I told her that she blasted me and said that she wasn't told there was no warranty on it when she bought it and that we didn't have any signs saying that.

HEL-LO LADY, usually when you buy a piece of jewellery at a regular store and there's no signs, you automatically assume that THERE IS NO WARRANTY unless they TELL YOU.

Then she goes on about how we sold her a faulty product and that products shouldn't break within 4 weeks. She acted all-knowing and repeated MULTIPLE TIMES, might I add, that she was a regional manager, she's always around this area and even has a shop downstairs. Although, she didn't mention just what shop she was the regional manger of.

Also, she freaking continues and says that there should be some kind of warranty of a month or something where she can bring back things if they break within that month. And her reasoning? Because 4 weeks is SUCH A SHORT AMOUNT OF TIME.

God damn it, it didn't even cost that much and she's making such a fuss about it. Sure, it won't cost US that much to replace the screw but its the whole principle of it - we're not bound by law to fix it since there is NO. DAMN. WARRANTY!

(According to my boss, that's in the Fair Trading Act legislation?)

If it was within 7 days, we could've fixed it for her or let her exchange it for something but damn it, IT WAS FOUR BLOODY WEEKS AGO! I don't even remember what the hell happened 4 weeks ago! Much less what the hell I BOUGHT.

So then she goes on to say that she's never going to buy anything from us again. As if we really care, if she's going to be so damn fussy we'd rather not have her as a customer. Even if she's 'bought a lot from us' and her son has as well.

Oh well, she's going to follow up on this and continue coming back because she wants to speak to my manager or my boss (well, the only one above me is my boss).

Sometimes you just have one of those freakin' bad days at work. Usually I'm fine but I have to say, today was just one of those damn days.

Not long after the stupid-ring-lady I had another lady come in and say that she came here about 2 weeks ago or something like that and said there was a 50% off sale on and asked if it was still on. When I told her that we didn't, she kept pressing for it saying that she bought a lot of stuff from us at half price and she wanted half price for whatever she was going to buy today.

What kind of reasoning is that?! When Target, K-Mart or Myer have a 30% off sale and she go es and buy bed sheets, I wonder if she goes back 2 weeks later when they don't have a sale on and demand to get pillow cases for 30% off as well?? NO. You DON'T. You simply DON'T. DO. THAT.

Lady, if you don't do it there, why would you do it here?! Sure we're not a huge department store like any of them but that's no reason to say that you can do it here!

To top it off, she made me pull out 25 of the products that she wanted in various styles and took FOREVER picking 4 of them for her mother. Trying on this one, then that one and not liking the colour of this one and making me have to try and find it in white.

By the end of the day I just wanted to either SCREAM or CRY from frustration.

I sure hope tomorrow's a better day.

2 comments:

kkfc01 said...

/hug

did that work?
here's another one...

/teddybearhug

Anonymous said...

All goods have warranty bon bon. I refer you to http://www.accc.gov.au/content/item.phtml?itemId=733188&nodeId=08e55bf59877ddb7947db4073623d1d5&fn=Buying%20jewellery%20%E2%80%93%20know%20your%20rights.pdf
which specifically talks about jewellery.

Dont get too angry :p
Retail sucks huh? :p
I quit my camera job :P