Thursday, January 31, 2008

To work or not to work.

As advertised and also by me, I've been working for almost two months. Now, what have I learnt in those past 2 months?

-Don't be slack to retail staff when you go shopping. Chances are, they've beens tanding and walking around for as long as you've been siting down on that day.

-When a retail staff asks you "Hi, how are you today?" actually give them some kind of substantial answer and not "I'm just looking."

-It absolutely sucks when your friends go "Hey, you wanna go to ______ on _______? We can go during the day and go out for diner afterwards" since you have to work on that day.

-Or you can't stay out till the wee hours of the morning because you have to get up early for work the next day.


I know that I seem really ungrateful and keep bitching about my job because I hate it but there ARE good points of being employed. And I really am grateful to Renee for suggesting that I work for her boss because if not, I'd probably still be looking for a job now. So a mega thanks to Renee! As for those good points...


-The obvious; the money you earn with your heart, sweat, blood and tears.

-The experience you gain from being on your own and having to be responsible or else you find yourself unemployed and broke again (and/or leaching off your parents again).

-The independence from earning your own income and not feeling guilty when you spend large amounts of money. (Although, I still felt bad for buying a pair of shorts for $54...)

-Being able to gloat to the unemployed that you're earning an income while they sit at home bumming around, getting FAT and all (while they turn around and laugh at you FOR working XD).

-Being able to treat others to dinner and feel good about it. Yes, it's all about my own ego and not because I want to be nice! Hahahaha!!!

-Being able to write down a paid job on your resume and get a reference too!

-The experience and knowledge you gain from working in a particular industry. The tricks of the trade and what businesses ACTUALLY pay for their products.

And the best one?
-Getting things from work for free or at a much lower price.

No comments: