Friday, April 13, 2007

Terrigal Road Trip - Day 2

[ soapbox ] Ok, so this post is waaaaaay overrdue (about 2 or 3 months! XD) but since things have been a bit crazy for me, I haven't really had time to sit down for aaaaaaaaaaages and type out a longass post about the 2nd day. How would it be a blog from me without a crapload of pics and looooots of random/lame/funny/witty/stupid commentry from me? So hence, I've put off putting up another Road Trip post since I haven't had enough quality time with my computer, the photos and my creativity (all 3 are needed to create a long AND interesting post). I actually had most of this post typed up a month ago but was too lazy to resize a shitload of pics to go with it. Oh well...So without further ado; Day 2. [/end soapbox ]


We woke up to a beautiful day and the sound of waves to accompany the amazing view from the apartment. Everyone was supposed to have been awake by 9am but since we went to bed so late, we were all entitled to a bit of a sleep-in. And sleep-in we did! Except for Kevin, who was up early to pick up Jono, Cham and PF who painstakingly took the train bright and early from Sydney to Gosford. Not sure if it's good or bad that they didn't have to sit through that long-ass wait at Wisemans Ferry with us....


Cham | Jono | PF(nerd!)

Everyone ended up waking up at say 10:30am or so but ended up having a brunch of sandwiches with whatever filling you want. While waiting for brunch to be prepared by the assigned group, everyone went off to do their own activities. This consisted of gaming (PS2, PSP, Wii, Nintendo DS etc.), blogging, chatting and getting changed.


Cham decided to go check out his room for the next 3 days...
Mike blogs in the b/g.

Steve, Andy, Jono and I turned on the Wii and started playing tennis and damn was it fun. I forgot who won in the end (guys? help?? lol!) but I remember that Steve and I were losing horribly before really picking up our game and winning a few games back! *Hi-5's Steve*


Jono, Andy, Steve and I + Wii tennis!

After a while of gaming, lunch was ready including.......... *drumroll* hot chips, prawns and oysters!!! Cathy splurged a bit for us because of the extra $500 we had from last night's free accomondation. I'm not a biiiig fan of seafood but I still had a little because they were too good to pass up. I did indeed pig out on the chips tho! Haha!! Saturated fat = happiness!


Our lunch. Insert: OYSTERS!

At this point in time the sun was high in the sky and blazing down on the apartment which probably would've caused an instant sunburn. So us smart little cookies decided to let all the yummy food we just ate to digest as well as wait for the sun to move a lil across the sky so it wasn't shining directly on us when we go to the beach. Around 2pm we all packed up, got into bikinis for the ladies and boardies for the fellas and off we went for some fun in the sand and sea!


Going out the back exit to go to the beach.

When we got to the beach everyone split up to do their own thing. Majority went into the water, some lingered around all our towels & belongings but us merch angels went off to make a biiiiig ass sand castle! We had lots of visitors coming up to us (people from our group, not strangers!) to check out our sand castle and but by the time we'd finished it, everybody was halfway through digging a big, deep hole next to us! LoL! What it was for I had no idea but shrugging that thought off, I helped dig too.


Our sandcastle.

It ended up being a hole for Andy when was somehow pushed into it when it could fit a small person! LOL! As soon as he was pushed in, everyone frantically started covering him up in sand and soon enough only his head was visible. Steve had some interesting additions of his own *winks* which proved for some er... non-PG rated photos.
Note to PF: I hope you got a tan from this summer buddy! If not, you're gonna be spending all day at the beach on the next road trip!! =p No gaming!


Most of the beach group.

At around 4pm we all returned to the apartment complex, once again splitting up into groups; the tennis ppl, the apartment ppl and the pool ppl. Yes, after spending 2 hours at the beach we went to go swim in one of the outdoor pools! Haha, so after getting wet, we got wet again. Although this time Dac and I actually got completely wet since we spent all the time at the beach building the sandcastle with Bel, we didn't go in the water. The bunch of us took a bunch of random photos using Steve's waterproof camera and damn did they come out lookin' mad! (This may have something to do with me being the photographer XD *grins*)


One of our many amusing photos with Steve's camera.
(Gawd they look retarded)

After it started getting a little late, some left us to go back up to the apartment to start up dinner. By this time it was around 5 or 5:30pm so since it was starting to get too cold to stay in the outdoors pool, we headed for the indoors pool. On the way we went pass the tennic court so of course we had to join for a few hits. Damn it was hard to run with thongs on! Not to mention wearing wet, short boardies... Anyways after a few hits we gave the tennis raquets and balls back and continued on our journey to the indoors swimming pool.


Tennis!! Love the angle Andy!

I swear we so should've taken a photo of the ceiling of the pool cuz it was sooooo cool... at least I thought it was!! There were little lights that shimmered and looked like the night sky. It was so pretty to just float on your back and look up! *must stop gushing* After spending even more time in the pool we sat in the steam room/sauna (which is it?) where we breathed in lots and lots of eucalyptus scented steam. Damn Dac, didn't it feel good to let our pores open up and feel really clean afterwards? I kinda ruined it by jumping back into the chlorinated pool after steaming tho. Haha! Around 7 or 7:30pm we finally left the pool and headed back to the apartment for dinner... little did Dacia know that she was gonna be in for a real surprise!


Party Poppers for our Party! Alliteration FTW!

For all non-Terrigal road trippers reading this, you're probably wondering why we spent SO many hours in pools, tennis courts or steam room/saunas, right? Well, in actual fact, while we were out of the apartment (the group that was always away from the apartment was mainly Steve, Billy, Dacia and I... I think) everyone who returned there helped set up balloons, signs, streamers, food, drinks, dessert and cake for a belated birthday party for Dac. Since we couldn't celebrate her birthday while on the road, we came up with a way to over celebrate the next day to make up for it.


The decorated apartment (yeah it's a crap shot, blah)

For dinner we had tacos (I think?) and for dessert we had *drumroll* CAKE!!! Glorious, yummylicious chocolate cake with chocolate icing. Made by my man, Michael! Haha, he deliberately missed going to the beach so that he could make the cake in time for the party. We all sang happy birthday to Dac, she cut it and then we took a shitload of pics. The cake was yum but I didn't finish my piece... I was too full!=(


Too many pics from the party. Just picked a few and made a quick collage!

The night finished off with the oldies getting drunk again. Haha, Dac and I shared a midori lemonade. Fun times. *ran outta witty things to say. will shut up now*

6 comments:

kkfc01 said...

reading this brings many many good memories back~~

u know, i missed the beginning of the surprise party coz i had to pick up Rob!!!! ARGHHHH!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Bon!

FINALLY girl! That took ages ><

everyone else did it in one post hahah.

Anyway, thanks for the memories <3 especially those details that have slipped completely since terrigal... how many weeks ago?

Anonymous said...

Kev: haha yeah.. good memories.. ones that i'll never forget =]

Dac: Hey! not my fault my creative juices wern't flowing!!! >___<;; this entry was kinda boring.. i gotta admit XD oh well, the next one will be better! (i should start working on it now so i can post it up in like 2-3 months. ROFL!)

as for the 'everyone did it in one post' comment... hmph! i like to be thorough and detailed! (ie. i like to blab.)

i had trouble remembering the details too... hahaha eg. what we ate and when we ate. dang! haha!

=] keep coming back whenever u wanna recall the memories again ^^

p.s. it was 12 weeks ago. exactly. OMFT 3 months ago! =o
12 weeks ago today.............. WE JUST ARRIVED IN TERRIGAL!!! =D

Anonymous said...

Hey Bon,
Great report... talk about flashbacks.....miss those days..

Anonymous said...

Hey,
Long time since then! Brought some good memories back.
tc

-billy

Anonymous said...

wtf, someone posted as me...

-billy