We picked a 3 bedroom premier oceanic view apartment because looking from the pics, the place was pretty big and spacious enough for us while remaining affordable. We did want to book one of the the 4 bedroom oceanic apartment but we wouldn't have been directly facing the water so we gave up an extra bedroom for a better view (+ $200!).
In my opinion, it was damn worth it because our apartment was absolutely gorgeous! It was kind of an upside down house (as Steve called it) where there were two bedrooms + ensuites, ground floor balcony and the exit to the garage downstairs and everything else upstiars. So that was the dining room, living room, kitchen, laundry, main exit to the rest of the apartment complex, another bathroom, balcony and master bedroom + ensuite.
And so I welcome you to our humble abode to which we called 'home' for 3 nights and 3 days...
First up! The following pic is the my first view of the actual inside of the apartment (without counting the foyer between the actual house and the garage). Since we entered from the basement/garage, we entered the downstairs of the house first.

So here you can see the doorways of the lower bedrooms and the staircase here!
I was STUNNED beyond belief as to how nice the apartment was. Haha, I'd love for my future apartment to be as modern and stylish as this one is! Anyways, seeing as we had teens and twentieens (what?! what're you supposed to call them?!) from both genders, we organised for the girls to have the big MASTER bedroom upstairs and the boys were stuck to organise themselves amongst the two bedrooms downstairs. Well.. that was the plan...

Bedroom 1 with only 1 double bed. Oh dearie me...

Bedroom 2 with 2 double beds!
Bedroom 1 with only 1 double bed. Oh dearie me...
Bedroom 2 with 2 double beds!
As you can see in all the pics, everything is neat and tidy as Kevin took the pics before the rest of the motley crew arrived (ie. the bunch that was left stranded at the beach for half an hr when the 'couples' checked in). Needless to say, the apartment didn't stay neat and tidy for long!
Next, up the stairs we went... and arrived at the dining area and the kitchen! The following pic was one of mine hence taken after the rest of the gang arrived and consequently dumped all our stuff on the dining table.

The upstairs of our prettiful apartment: the dining table.

The Kitchen.

The living area with doors leading out to the balcony.

The biiig couches.

Our precious TV and BYO game consols!

The master bedroom!

Turn around, and there's the bathroom up ahead...

aaaand here I present the bathroom! (Excuse the bad photo, my camera sucks! T__T)

The Laundry.

The pool our balcony overlooked.
(1 of 3 in the apartment complex)

The outdoor setting where many D&Ms occurred.
Next, up the stairs we went... and arrived at the dining area and the kitchen! The following pic was one of mine hence taken after the rest of the gang arrived and consequently dumped all our stuff on the dining table.
The upstairs of our prettiful apartment: the dining table.
The Kitchen.
Then upon walking past the kitchen and dining table to get to the living area (since it's not really a 'room')! I loved how the whole upstairs was so open and spacious. Great for when you have 18 people since everyone wants to hang out together. The whole of the upstairs where the kitchen, dining table and living area was open and gave an airy feeling. Some people might think that it'd be a bit empty but with 18 people, it's hard to have anywhere feeling empty!
The living area with doors leading out to the balcony.
The biiig couches.
We were lucky to have a biiiig tv with all the usual channels AND have foxtel! We usually had Spongebob on in the morning during breakfast and for those who could wake up early enough, Naruto was also shown (with horrendous english dubbing may I add!). We also spent many hours playing on Steve's Wii and Cathy's PS2. Dang it was fun!!
Our precious TV and BYO game consols!
If you look in the photo above, you can see the door of the master bedroom, A.K.A. the girls' bedroom! We had 8 girls in one big room where there was one biiiiig king sized bed as well as a fold out bed so we only had 3 girls on the floor since 3 girls shared the main bed and 2 others shared the fold out. The 'windows' in the photo below are actually doors which lead out to the balcony.
The master bedroom!
Turn around, and there's the bathroom up ahead...
aaaand here I present the bathroom! (Excuse the bad photo, my camera sucks! T__T)
The Laundry.
The following morning it started off cloudy but there was enough light to take relatively ok photos. We got our first look at the view and saw that we wern't actually facing the beach since it was on the other side of the block but our balcony still looked out towards the water. And what a sight it was to wake up to each morning =] and to look at while eating outside.
The pool our balcony overlooked.
(1 of 3 in the apartment complex)
^Downstairs also had a ground-floor balcony (what are they called?) which was directly on the same level as the pool. Too bad there wasn't a gate or something because there was a glass fence around the downstairs 'balcony'. We spent many hours in the pool seen above.. but more on that later.
Since the table inside only had 8 seats provided, there was usually a group who ate outside on the balcony. We sure made good use of the outdoor setting! Haha, when I saw it I couldn't wait to just sit out here and maybe even stay up late (or early) enough to watch the sun rise. (Didn't really get there but I was close to watching it!)
Since the table inside only had 8 seats provided, there was usually a group who ate outside on the balcony. We sure made good use of the outdoor setting! Haha, when I saw it I couldn't wait to just sit out here and maybe even stay up late (or early) enough to watch the sun rise. (Didn't really get there but I was close to watching it!)
The outdoor setting where many D&Ms occurred.
4 comments:
*Sigh*
Wish we were back! Haha our DNM's/bitching sessions keep occuring to me whenever I check out our king size bed, and the balcony...
This day 3 weeks ago... hmm... we were still stuck in traffic, haven't even turned the corner yet. And it wasn't raining all shitty like this. It was hot and Billy's car had no air con :( and yup. we were sweating half our asses off...
3 weeks ago... you guys only just brought out the alcohol. lols, white russians!
ahh i miss our big big big bed.... and the balcony... miss it so much
wish we were back there, right now.
Wow! Just like as if I was actually there myself! So detailed and you capture the 'feel' really well. Thanks Bon!!
Even though I wasn't able to make it, I still get to experience a little of what I missed out on :-)
Makes me think about what sort of view I want to wake up to/end the day with, and not to mention the friends I want to share that with haha XD
LOL, I'm glad you feel like you were actually there. With all my blogs about the trip it was written with intention of having that 'feel'. You're the first one to actually say that I was successful!
I wish you could've been there but since you couldn't've... this is probably the second best thing I guess?
And thanking me? Nooo, I should be thanking you!! So thank YOU! =)
Post a Comment